Martin Gore performed a reworked version of the Depeche Mode song When The Body Speaks at Jones Beach last night. This live version makes my heart explode. If anyone knows of a full length recording of this specific concert and song please let me know.
“To the soul’s desires. The body listens. What the flesh requires. Keeps the heart imprisoned. What the spirit seeks. The mind will follow. When the body speaks. All else is hollow. I’m just an angel. Driving blindly. Through this world. I’m just a slave here. At the mercy of a girl” – Depeche Mode
For more info: depechemode.com
This entry was written by live performance, music and tagged Depeche Mode, Martin Gore. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
First off I apologize in advance if this is untrue. However I believe this is happening. Here are my reasons.
1. Depeche Mode is performing tonight (Monday, March 11th) at the Ed Sullivan Theater. It is a special concert in the 461 seat venue that will be webcast for CBS. They will also apear on the David Letterman show later that night. To win a seat fans were asked to mail in an explanation of what they thought the new album title “Delta Machine” means. After looking up the word Delta I found it is the Greek number 4. A friend of mine wanted a ticket and I said to her why not guess Alan Wilder is rejoining the band? Then I paused and some recent events which I list below all flashed across my eyes and it came to me: No, it’s not Alan it’s Vince! Here’s the kicker. My friend wrote to the contest that Delta means the original band members are rejoining. Vince Clarke is rejoining the band. She won a ticket and is going to the concert tonight.
2. I would guess it takes DM about a year to make an album. May 22, 2012 the Slicing Up Eyeballs blog posts a photo of DM and Vince at dinner together (link). The article states that of course Martin and Vince at that time recently released VCMG their techno project. In January Popmatters reported while reviewing Heaven and discussing the upcoming Delta Machine that, “Ex-Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke is also rumored to be working on some remixes.”. What if this entire time he’s simply been in the studio recording Delta Machine as a band member?
3. March 7, 2013. The Quietus does a track by track preview of Delta Machine (link) and in the preview they state, ” It’s really starting to feel as if some of the VCMG sonics have rubbed off on Depeche Mode. There’s a great breakdown of drums and a one-note keyboard line..”. Rub off? Or?
4. Here’s my own personal wake up call. I buy a lot of synthesizer stuff. I’m really into a special type of modular synth called “Eurorack”. There is a store in Brooklyn called Control (link) that sells these special modules. Guess who’s been in there recently? Daniel Miller, Martin Gore and Vince Clarke.
5. Take a look at the recent photo above. Was Vince Photoshopped out of this keep the secret?
“Vincent John Martin (born 3 July 1960), better known by his stage name Vince Clarke, is an English synthpop musician and songwriter. Clarke has been a member of a number of groups, including Depeche Mode, Yazoo, The Assembly and Erasure. He is often credited as being the King of the Synthesizer.” – Wikipedia
So what do you think?
For more info: depechemode.com
This entry was written by music, political and tagged Daniel Miller, Depeche Mode, Martin Gore, Vince Clarke. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
Martin Gore decided to publicly state Simon Cowell should be shot. He’s right of course. Simon then retaliates and calls Gore a weirdo (quote below) but let’s face the truth here… Martin has the most obsessed fans in the world. Seriously if he says go shoot someone the chances of someone wearing a lot of black showing up at Simon’s house is pretty high. Be careful who you call a weirdo!
“I read Martin Gore wants to shoot me. He was in Depeche Mode. Do you realise how weird and stupid that makes you.” – Simon Cowell
For more info: nme.com/news/depeche-mode/67393
Vince Clarke and Martin Gore’s collaboration into electronic dance music called VCMG is upon us with their first release Spock. I think it’s hard to jump genres and if your already famous for something it’s very difficult to get fans to accept your new art. I honestly was expecting to hate what they did but I’m pleasantly surprised. The original version of Spock is quite nice. It’s a well produced metallic analog sounding track with a modern arrangement. It’s worthy and has me hoping for more. Listen to samples of the songs: amazon.com/EP-1-Spock/dp/B0…
“Earlier this year, Gore had revealed that he and Clarke had reconciled and would be working on a new project together. “Out of the blue I got an e-mail from [Clarke] just saying, ‘I’m interested in making a techno album. Are you interested in collaborating?,’” he said. “He said, ‘No pressure, no deadlines,’ so I said, ‘OK,’ and that’s what I’ve been doing for the last six months.” – nme.com
For more info: depechemode.com
via Tom J Carpenter
This entry was written by music and tagged Depeche Mode, Martin Gore, VCMG, Vince Clarke. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
Old friends working on music together. I like that idea. I like it even more when it’s New Wave legends doing the music making. Apparently the album coming soon from Martin Gore and Vince Clarke will be dance/technoish. We are also going to see a new Erasure and Depeche Mode album sooner than later. If I can get 3-4 great songs out of all these new releases I’m going to be very happy. I know it’s not 1987 and I won’t get “every song perfect” album’s but even just a few gems and I’m going to be smiles.
“Always makes me happy when you’re taking a chance. This ain’t nodisco and you know how to dance. Move me disco. Baby don’t you ever go. This is Nodisco”
For more info: slicingupeyeballs.com
This entry was written by music and tagged Depeche Mode, Erasure, Martin Gore, Vince Clarke. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
As a die hard all things classic DM fan the tweet above means something. Let’s hope the music is good. Guys please put your minds in a time machine for this one.
“If you just can’t get enough of early Depeche Mode, you’ll be happy to know that Vince Clarke & Martin Gore are working on a techno-ish track called Zaat.” – Synthtopia
For more info: vinceclarkemusic.com