Today around the internet you will see many blog posts about the environment because today is Blog Action Day! It’s a simple movement where bloggers pledge to write a post related to their field yet about the environment. Here is my top 10 ways a musician can help the environment:
1. Make a song about saving the environment! We need action people. If the artists of the world won’t stand up and scream a message then who will? Sing for a tree or a bird or the sun.
3. Don’t buy anymore Compact Discs. They all end up in a landfill.
4. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs. What? Are you crazy? We need mood lighting man! Yeah? You don’t need forests?
5. Buy rechargeable batteries for devices used frequently. Cordless microphones, guitar pedals, midi controllers.
6. Take your record collection out of the recycling boxes delivered to your house by the government and start using them for recycling again. Continue reading 10 ways a musician can help the environment.