Here is my (The Horrorist) DJ Set (link) from Sunday’s event called Synthicide! It was at Bossa Nova in Bushwick, Brooklyn. I played a mix of classic and new EBM and New Beat. It was DJ Andi’s event; she DJed and also booked DJ Stalagmike of the Pyramid Club’s Defcon party. They are both true classic EBM music lovers so it was a true time machine in there! I had a wicked time and I will be DJing again soon in NYC. A ton of live shows kick off in Italy in a couple of weeks and a new special EP I did is about to be revealed. A full set of photos from Synthicide II: click here
1. Negative Leaders (The Horrorist remix) – Millimetric
2. I Sit On Acid (Original) – Lords of Acid
3. Over And Over feat. Radical G – Neon Electronics
4. War Beat – Bassline Boys
5. TANZEN – Tragic Error
6. Moving Hand – The Klinik
7. Slogan (David Carretta mix) – Millimetric & Riot Miloo
8. Ponyhof (Vocal Mix) – Thomas P Heckmann, Knarz
9. RAGE (Original Mix) – Terence Fixmer
10. Grip of the Cobra (unreleased mix) – The Horrorist
11. Tanzmaschine (Original Mix) – Thomas P Heckmann
12. Soul On Soul – System F, Marc Almond
13. Kind Der Nacht (Original Mix) – Knarz
14. Join in the Chant (Thomas Heckmann mix) – Nitzer Ebb
15. Is There an Exit? – Absolute Body Control
16. Ein Neuer Tanz – Jäger 90
17. Kung I Drift – Adolf Filter
18. Nacht Arbeit – Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft
19. White Lies – CLAPS
Here is my (The Horrorist) DJ Set (link) from last week at Bushwick, Brooklyn’s Bossa Nova club. I played a mix of classic and new EBM and techno. Bossa Nova reminds me of what clubs were like in the East Village in the 80s. It’s in a slightly bad neighborhood (changing quickly) with a mix of local and trendy people. Anything goes there and it does.
1. Addiction (Dog House mix) – Skinny Puppy
2. Impurities (Equitant Remix) – Kontravoid
3. Until Death (Us Do Part) – Front 242
4. Neuen Strassen – Metro Pakt
5. We Believe (LP Version) – Ministry
6. Here Comes the Storm (Carretta & Workerpoor rmx) – Radical G & The Horrorist
7. Shockwave (Gesaffelstein Remix) – The Hacker
8. En Partance – Le Syndicat Electronique
9. Wet & Shiny (Hell’s 2013 Rework) – The Horrorist
10. No Shuffle – Front 242
13. Tarantula (original master002) – Radical G
14. Lucrecia My Reflection – Vampire Lust
15. Murderous (Phil Kieran Remix) – Nitzer Ebb
17. Heiliger Bimm Bamm (Original Mix) – Johannes Heil
18. Wie Du – Jäger 90
19. Into the Light – Absolute Body Control
20. O Mineiro (Der Bergmann) – U.M.M.
21. Biba Butzermann – Petra Flurr + Modernista
26. Cardinal Newman – Nervous Gender
I met DJ Deathbat at two of my live shows in France. His new mix “How To Destroy The DanceFloor” includes tracks from Tobias Bernstrup, DAF, The Mover, The Horrorist, Gesaffelstein, Tragic Error, Front 242 and more. Im Rhythmus Bleiben!!
“DEATHROCK / BATCAVE / (POST-) PUNK / MINIMAL / EBM / OLDSCHOOL FRENCH DJ” – Deathbat
Earlier this year I performed in Barcelona. One the highlights was listening to the club owner’s (Omar Leon) DJ set before I went on. I had no idea I was among musical friends so when I heard his mix of classic EBM and some New Beat records I hadn’t heard since the late 80s I was thrilled. I was again pleased this week when Omar sent his mix so here it is for everyone to listen to!
“”Adolf is only sleeping…” (Opening for The Horrorist)” – Omar Leon
I am extremely pleased to announce that a Limited Edition of my newest album Fire Funmania is available. Made in Germany and limited to 100 copies you get the album on 12″ Vinyl, CD with 2 exclusive Bonus Tracks and an Armband. The set is only 20 Euros so they will disappear quickly. Thanks to Steffen Kuschel and Maurice Roy for making this happen.
“just received it from sbmonline.de . Great package!” – JF.Gore
Here are some stills and the official music video for my (The Horrorist) upcoming EP with Radical G. The EP is called Here Comes the Storm and we have remixes from The Hacker, David Carretta and Al Ferox. Special thanks to UnleashedVisuals for creating this.
“You are the storm. Cyclone of death. Master of Doom. Born to Slaughter! You are the storm. Cyclone of death. You love to kill. All in your path! Here comes the terror! Here comes the storm! Here comes the terror! Here comes the storm! There’s no mercy in the storm path!!”
Here’s a nice EBM or maybe New Beat example of what the Korg Volcas can do. Check out that sick stand too. The performer should be wearing some Liberace style rings.
“Following in the footsteps of the monotron, monotribe, and MS-20 Mini analog synthesizers, Korg announces the Volca series. volca is a new lineup of EDM production tools comprised of three distinct models: the Volca Keys lead synthesizer, the volca Bass synthesizer, and the Volca Beats rhythm machine.” – korg.com
I am pleased to announce I am working on a new EP with Radical G. You can hear a clip of the first song we are working on called Here Comes the Storm above. Glenn is from Belgium so he has Electronic Body Music rhythms in his blood. I think we will have another two songs finished by August and soon after we will take the stage together here and there. I expect this EP to be a big one.
“Dark electronic madness founded in 2002 by Glenn Keteleer with pounding Rave sounds and techno hooks. No excuses regarding styles, Gloomy atmosphere’s, Wave & Elektro infuences by legendary bands as TNJ and Front 242 are part of the game… There’s no denial the Belgians have a fond taste for the darker side of the spectrum.”