How is this even happening? Mutant retards are taking over this country. When the guy in the video first sips the straw it makes a sound and I just couldn’t stop laughing. Everyone needs to go read Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss. The book should be mandatory ready for every US citizen at this point. I can’t stand to look at another fat person. The song Dominator starts the video… he’s bigger for sure. Edit: Before I take heat here… I know lots of heavy people that I love, respect etc… just saying it would be better if they were healthy.
“From a Pulitzer Prize–winning investigative reporter at The New York Times comes the explosive story of the rise of the processed food industry and its link to the emerging obesity epidemic. Michael Moss reveals how companies use salt, sugar, and fat to addict us and, more important, how we can fight back.” – Amazon
This entry was written by political and tagged Froot Loops Cereal Straws, Fruit Loops, Michael Moss, Salt Sugar Fat. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
The record label The Seed is having a remix contest for my song Automatic. The song which is about guns was originally released in 2007 on my album Attack Decay. It’s such a strong dance track I still play it live.
“The Seed is proud to announce that we are doing our first ever remix contest in association with Underground legend, The Horrorist. For your remix to be considered it must be uploaded to our demo dropbox by no later than May 13, 2013. The contest will be judged by The Horrorist and label management. Winners selected will have their remix released as part of the “Automatic; Reloaded” Remix collection out in June on the Seed.” – facebook.com/theseedmusic
For more info: facebook.com/theseedmusic
This entry was written by music, political, promotion and tagged Automatic, contest, guns, remix, The Horrorist, The Seed, Things to Come Records. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
A California newspaper is reporting that Peter Murphy was arrested for a DUI hit and run this morning. Beyond the tradegy of someone getting hurt I found some things reported funny and ironic. First off the king of goth drives a Subaru Forester? He also stated to Police he’s on anti-depressants. As it’s standard to say, “Let’s hope he finds the help he needs.”. The link to the full report is below.
“Inside the Los Angeles police patrol car where Murphy had been detained, officers reported finding a small plastic bag, possibly of methamphetamine, police said. Murphy denied the bag belonged to him, but officers said they believed he was trying to discard it in the patrol car.” – glendalenewspress.com
Read the full article: glendalenewspress.com/british-goth-rocker-arrested
First off I apologize in advance if this is untrue. However I believe this is happening. Here are my reasons.
1. Depeche Mode is performing tonight (Monday, March 11th) at the Ed Sullivan Theater. It is a special concert in the 461 seat venue that will be webcast for CBS. They will also apear on the David Letterman show later that night. To win a seat fans were asked to mail in an explanation of what they thought the new album title “Delta Machine” means. After looking up the word Delta I found it is the Greek number 4. A friend of mine wanted a ticket and I said to her why not guess Alan Wilder is rejoining the band? Then I paused and some recent events which I list below all flashed across my eyes and it came to me: No, it’s not Alan it’s Vince! Here’s the kicker. My friend wrote to the contest that Delta means the original band members are rejoining. Vince Clarke is rejoining the band. She won a ticket and is going to the concert tonight.
2. I would guess it takes DM about a year to make an album. May 22, 2012 the Slicing Up Eyeballs blog posts a photo of DM and Vince at dinner together (link). The article states that of course Martin and Vince at that time recently released VCMG their techno project. In January Popmatters reported while reviewing Heaven and discussing the upcoming Delta Machine that, “Ex-Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke is also rumored to be working on some remixes.”. What if this entire time he’s simply been in the studio recording Delta Machine as a band member?
3. March 7, 2013. The Quietus does a track by track preview of Delta Machine (link) and in the preview they state, ” It’s really starting to feel as if some of the VCMG sonics have rubbed off on Depeche Mode. There’s a great breakdown of drums and a one-note keyboard line..”. Rub off? Or?
4. Here’s my own personal wake up call. I buy a lot of synthesizer stuff. I’m really into a special type of modular synth called “Eurorack”. There is a store in Brooklyn called Control (link) that sells these special modules. Guess who’s been in there recently? Daniel Miller, Martin Gore and Vince Clarke.
5. Take a look at the recent photo above. Was Vince Photoshopped out of this keep the secret?
“Vincent John Martin (born 3 July 1960), better known by his stage name Vince Clarke, is an English synthpop musician and songwriter. Clarke has been a member of a number of groups, including Depeche Mode, Yazoo, The Assembly and Erasure. He is often credited as being the King of the Synthesizer.” – Wikipedia
So what do you think?
For more info: depechemode.com
This entry was written by music, political and tagged Daniel Miller, Depeche Mode, Martin Gore, Vince Clarke. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
Well if you have $10 and the urge to annoy people or know someone annoying who would like to be more annoying the ThinkGeek Annoy-a-tron would be a good gift. How long before we see circuit bent Annoy-a-tron orchestras? Please no.
“The Original ThinkGeek Annoy-a-tron would be useless against an army of Snowbots, but it’s very effective at disturbing that guy in the sales department or your “friend” down the hall. With its thin design and embedded magnet for easy hiding, the Annoy-a-tron can be placed in a variety of locations. Select one of the three sound choices (2 kHz, 12 kHz, or alternating) and push the switch to the on position. Place it in a proper hiding spot and let the “fun” begin. The Annoy-a-tron generates a short (but very annoying, hence the name) beep every few minutes. Your unsuspecting target will have a hard time ‘timing’ the location of the sound because the beeps will vary in intervals ranging from 2 to 8 minutes. The 2kHz sound is generically annoying enough, but if you really really want to aggravate somebody, select the 12 kHz sound. Trust us. The higher frequency and slight ‘electronic noise’ built into that soundbyte will make a full-grown Admin wonder where his packets are.” – thinkgeek.com
For more info: thinkgeek.com/product/8c52/
Ray Kurzweil is in the news this week. I think he’s a pretty interesting person. He believes the singularity is coming. If we can survive that long I think it’s a sure bet too. He’s just been hired at Google which seems highly appropriate or frightening depending on how you look at it. On a side note (pun intended) my favorite sample makers UVI are teasing a virtual version based on the Kurzweil K250.
“The technological singularity is the theoretical emergence of greater-than-human superintelligence through technological means. Since the capabilities of such intelligence would be difficult for an unaided human mind to comprehend, the occurrence of a technological singularity is seen as an intellectual event horizon, beyond which events cannot be predicted. Proponents of the singularity typically state that an “intelligence explosion”, where superintelligences design successive generations of increasingly powerful minds, might occur very quickly and might not stop until the agent’s cognitive abilities greatly surpass that of any human.” – Wikipedia
This entry was written by hardware, political, synthesizer and tagged Google, k250, Kurzweil. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
Sprockets was a SNL skit. I admit my idea of a good club is basically Dieter’s Dance Party. Video link: youtube.com/watch?v=LxQ6olQjebg
“Sprockets was a recurring, fictional West German television talk show sketch created by actor, writer and comedian Mike Myers with Canadian actor Dana Andersen for Second City Theatre. The show parodied German stereotypes, especially those pertaining to German seriousness, efficiency, and precision.” – Wikipedia
For more info: wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprockets_(Saturday_Night_Live)
This entry was written by music, political, video and tagged Saturday Night Live, SNL, Sprockets. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.
Martin Gore decided to publicly state Simon Cowell should be shot. He’s right of course. Simon then retaliates and calls Gore a weirdo (quote below) but let’s face the truth here… Martin has the most obsessed fans in the world. Seriously if he says go shoot someone the chances of someone wearing a lot of black showing up at Simon’s house is pretty high. Be careful who you call a weirdo!
“I read Martin Gore wants to shoot me. He was in Depeche Mode. Do you realise how weird and stupid that makes you.” – Simon Cowell
For more info: nme.com/news/depeche-mode/67393
I was born at Mount Sinai Hospital on 100th St & 5th Ave. New York, NY.
“Come crashing in. Into my little world.” – Depeche Mode
For more info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks
“Electronic body music (EBM) or industrial dance is a music genre that combines elements of industrial music and electronic dance music. It first came to prominence in Belgium.” – Wikipedia
For more info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_body_music
This entry was written by political and tagged Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy, Speed Dating. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink and follow any comments with the RSS feed for this post.