The Horrorist – Fire Funmania

I am extremely pleased to tell you my fourth full length album has been released and it’s called Fire Funmania. These are the ten best songs I have recorded in the past eighteen months. This album is more like my first album Manic Panic and the album cover image and colors purposely reflect that. Like Alex in Stanley Kubrick’s A Clockwork Orange I have returned to my evil self here.

Releasing a full length album is a huge deal for any musician. Saturday is my birthday and getting this released is my gift to myself. To celebrate I’m playing in Aachen, Germany. The event called DODT is very synthpunk and underground. I can’t wait to get on stage. Another way I’m going to celebrate the release of Fire Funmania is to write about each of the songs. A few songs are quite clear in their meanings but I love to talk about the technical side of production. I used a lot of vintage and new hardware on this release. Other songs such as Kissing Anne I think would benefit from some discussion or at least make a good read. No matter the content I believe all music is art. It should be a human right to freely express yourself without fear. Song writing is one of the most important things in my life.

If you like my music or just like reading Wire to the Ear the best way to say thank you is to buy this release. The digital release is available today on iTunes, Beatport and Amazon MP3. In the coming weeks there will be a CD a limited edition 12″ vinyl and cassette.

“The Horrorist returns in 2013 with his 4th full length album! He goes back to his roots with 10 completely evil, wild, sex filled tracks. This is really dark, sick twisted material! Will be played at many afterparties! 10/10!!!” – Beatport.com

This week’s pick comes from the electronic artist The Horrorist. His fourth album Fire Funmania is being released on Things To Come Records and it is wickedly dark and evil. There are some strange experimental type tracks on here that will make you say “hmm”, but there are also “regular” techno type tracks that many of you will expect. Especially if you are only familiar with his breakout hit “One Night In NYC“. Go into this album thinking The Horrorist is an artist first and a techno producer second, you will thank me. – Auxiliary Magazine (Mike Kieffer)

The horror show returns! From the first song to every one after this is pure sexyness. Electronic torture never sounded so good! Awesome album. – iTunes”

Available now: iTunes, Amazon and Beatport

1. I really like your production style and “Starving for You” is a great example – excellent stuff! Good luck with the album and I’m looking forward to posts about the technical side. Also, I guess I have you to blame for my new found modular lust.

1. Thanks… yes about half way through the making of the album my modular started. I really love my Eurorack stuff so much. Glad I can help empty some other’s bank accounts too!

2. And again all thats left for me to say is that this is another fine release.
    I must agree with tokyojoe on “starving for you”.I for my part found it difficult passing it untouched when I first heard it in the “2012 preview”.
    Wow,what can I say?A party I’m looking forward to is almost kicking off and today,without “warning”,you unleash your album.
    I hope this year continues just as good as it starts…

1. Thank you for listening! Have fun at the party!! I’m packing myself now for Germany… will be a fun weekend for sure.

3. been following your blog for a long, long time (and it’s one of my favourite music related blogs) but this is my first time posting.

congrats on the new album and will definitely be picking it up this weekend.

keep up the good work!!

1. Thank you for reading and listening… much appreciated.

4. Can’t wait to hear what other songs made it for Live…
    Kissing Anne definitely is a tough one and I wonder if I’m anywhere close to its actual meaning.
    “Swastika …. Ikea” hearing what word is being said in the middle is then probably going to “pull me” into another direction…

5. Congrats on the release! I’m on this site all the time… Just curious – why not bandcamp? I looking to get my tunes out and I haven’t quite got to the part where I pick a distro method… yvery interesting music yo!

1. Thank you… actually I do like Bandcamp but I find compared to iTunes/Beatport/Amazon sales are lower… I dont like making toooo much work for myself. That said I did put some releases and I probably will add this one. It’s great because for no money (just a cut) you can sell/control your product.

6. Yeah, the synth patches on starving for you are in a league of their own. can’t wait to find out what gear you used. and i think that track has your best vocals yet

7. I really felt Starving For You

8. Fantastic way to finish the week, I’ve been wondering about this album!

I want to know ASAP when that cassette drops, even though I am going to be replacing my Buick soon as my daily driver I still want to Horror the fuck out of it’s cassette deck.

9. digital bath salts January 21, 2013 at 7:53 am

THose are some warm drums on the intro to the first track, I like me some warm analog drums…

10. Enter The Sex Game and Starving For You; some of your best work. Congratulations mate.