Scratch 2 Go

The Ion Audio Scratch 2 Go can’t be real because it’s so stupid.

“Scratch 2 Go is an ultra-portable DJ control surface that turns your iPad into a mobile mixing experience. Just download the free Scratch 2 Go app and start mixing, scratching, and adding effects to your music— Scratch 2 Go works with iTunes, so you can mix the music you already own. Its two turntables, crossfader, and control knobs gently attach to your iPad’s screen via soft suction cups for hours of mixing fun.” – ionaudio.com

For more info: ionaudio.com/Scratch_2_Go.pdf

1. Joshua Schnable January 16, 2013 at 7:18 am

I do have to give some credit to Numark’s ION division for consistently releasing products that sound like an April Fool’s Day joke. Someone needs to have a sense of humor in this industry, AND throw money at it.

2. Joshua Schnable January 16, 2013 at 7:20 am

For example, I think I’m going to swap out my Advent speakers in my studio for these: http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/patioplanterspeaker

1. Hah you know if any magazine or something wants a video in my studio I’m totally replacing my monitor speakers with those plant speakers!!! Incredible.

3. Quiet Kane via Facebook January 16, 2013 at 7:46 am

It really is beyond comprehension. A friend posted this recently with legitimate enthusiasm. iPad djs…. Wut…..

4. The interviewer looked like a “day late, dollar short” dubstepper that lived in his mom’s basement. Perfect candidate for the expose on that “product”

5. Next up from ION:

A modular synth App with real patch cables and movable encoders.

“Just stick those bad boys on the screen and you have an iPad that looks like it’s covered in spaghetti!”

6. Them turntables look more like those oldass doorbells to me.
    Like the way things get a little crazy/ridiculous…wonder whats next??
    I wouldnt be surprised if they really came up with a modular synth app which includes the mentioned features.

7. digital bath salts January 21, 2013 at 7:51 am

I bet they think it’s stupid too, but they had a really good deal on suction cups, and had a lot of knobs collecting dust probably. NO matter how stupid a product is someone will buy it always.