Make Noise – DPO

Here is a preview of the upcoming Eurorack modular module the DPO or Dual Prismatic Oscillator from Make Noise. The company from Asheville, NC is on a serious roll making one wild module after the next. I ordered a Tiptop Audio Happy Ending Kit from Analogue Haven and a Make Noise Echophone from Control last week.

“A voltage controlled oscillator designed for generating complex waveforms. Expanding on the classic 259 arrangement of Primary and Modulator Oscillators, the DPO has both of the VCOs operable as complex signal sources. It is in essence a Dual Primary Oscillator.” – Make Noise

For more info: makenoisemusic.com/dpo.shtml

1. heaven for DX-ish 242-basslines

2. Ralph Verkuijlen via Facebook July 15, 2012 at 8:12 am

Looks having fun

3. Similar to The Harvestman Hertz Donut. Except this appears to be Analogue, and the HD is Digital. And this will probably cost more =o]

1. I love The Harvestman stuff. There’s too many great choices!

4. What a sick bastard =D
    Don’t think I have heard anything quite as awesomly disturbed and good sounding at the same time in a while.

5. you’ve posted a lot of cool gear for people who are just getting into modular and analog; maybe i’ve missed it but have you posted any filters yet or seen any worth mentioning for someone who wants to start a modest modular rack?

1. Although I’ve been obsessing over modular modules for a while now I only just started my own this week. Your best best is to join and ask questions over at the muffwiggler forums http://www.muffwiggler.com/. Everyone there is very helpful. A lot of people seem to like the Wiard Borg filter which is like an MS20: http://malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/all-synth-modules/borg I also really like the idea of The Harvestman’s polivoks vcf which is taken from a Russian synth that people loved for it’s filter: http://theharvestman.org/r1982.php

6. I have the Polivoks VCF. I love it. It’s the 2nd one i’ve had. Scott actually lives only about 10 mins from me, so i get to see a lot of the Harvestman stuff in various states of attack and decay =o] I saw the Suonoio before it was officially announced. Scott has a unique bend to modular synthesis. He’s redoing all his digital modules for incorporation into video synthesis systems.

7. By the way the DPO is based on this…

8. Hi Oliver

Long time and all! It must be a year since your helpful advice to me about starting down the modular route…. Well, today I received my TipTop Happy Ending kit, DPO and a variety of other bits. At last! Then I stumbled upon this post! Spooky I thought. Anyway, what an oscillator it is! Mental sounds from the outset.

Speak soon

Paul

1. Hi Paul… I still have yet to get my own DPO but it’s on my short list! Thanks for checking in here!

1. Your video above from James Ciglar has been the most helpful thing since my unpacking took place this morning. Great stuff. I now want/need (!?) more modules……. And so it begins. :)

1. Yes I wish he made a video for every module I own! What part of the world (city) are you in?

1. I’m in England. About an hour and a half from London on the blistering south coast. :)

2. Here’s a link to my Soundcloud page which has a couple of early modular patches doing their funky thang…. and some non-modular stuff too. https://soundcloud.com/electronicaz