Tekserve Creative Friday with Oliver Chesler

If you are in the New York area please come and see me talk at Tekserve this Friday, May 4 from 4:00PM – 5:00PM. I will be doing a presentation as part of their Creative Friday’s series. I’m going to give you 10 absolutely killer tips to make your music and music career better. You will see/hear some DAW tricks, analog hardware ideas, inspiration tips, promotion tips and more. If you don’t know Tekserve is a legendary Apple Store in Chelsea. It’s a really fun place to visit and shop. Please come I would love to meet you in person! Tekserve is located at 119 West 23rd Street, New York NY 10011.

“Join us at Tekserve at 4 p.m. on Fridays for special art exhibitions, musical performances, video screenings, readings, and more – all by artists from the New York City community. Each showing will feature an interview and demonstration of the creative process, so you can learn about the digital tools artists are using to make the art of today.” – Tekserve

For more info: tekserve.com/learning-events/creativefridays.php

This entry was written by Oliver Chesler, posted on April 30, 2012 at 5:23 am, filed under live performance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

13 Responses to “Tekserve Creative Friday with Oliver Chesler”

1. Ben says:

Can’t wait, this sounds awesome!

2. dominic says:

too bad i’m not in NYC :S

3. antfactor says:

Awww… I’m workin’ ’til 9pm. Any chance you might… you know, compile and share post-facto? Or … have a video of them? That’d be nice and cool-like.

4. Philipp says:

Oh I wish I could come to hear your killer tips ;D
    Unfortunately a bit far from Germany.

• Thanks… what city are you in? I’m performing a few (music) shows in Germany later this month (Berlin, Leipzig, Magdeburg): http://thehorrorist.com/#c35/songkick

• Philipp says:

Would love to come. But unfotunately I’ll have to take care of some university pains, that will probably prevent me from going north this month.
        I’m in Freiburg.
        That’s way down south. I watched one of your shows years ago in a venue called Universal Dog. At the time you were accompanied by some other guy (I guess one of the TTC artists) who mostly took care of the sound. Back then you used an MPC 2000 (XL?), a Roland Synth… (don’t remember which)… and had black candles framing your equipment. It was awesome. Do you remember that show?
        Hardware on stage looks so much cooler, than notebooks, I just noticed ;D But the advantages of those are overwhelming, I agree ;D

• Philipp says:

What is your live line up like these days? Do you play a mix of your old and new things?

• AH yes… that was a while ago when I had the MPC (and candles on stage!)… I do play a solid mix of old and new… and I still use some hardware on stage!

5. A scan of the printed flyer:

8x10_oliver-chesler-CF_20120430
    Uploaded with Skitch!

6. Thank you to Paul, Ben, Rob from Tekserve and everyone who came out!

7. Mike says: