1. I cry, why can’t kids just pick up an Angerfist record and make that the trendy popular “techno music” everyone listens to. At least I would be semi-happy. Hardcore…the direction mainstream “techno music” should go towards.

We’ll keep EBM to ourselves in the basements!

1. Mainstream “All bring in the cash” electronic music. Aight. See “Scooter” (mostly known in germany) ;)

1. Jigga Jigga!

Heh, at least there’s a hook!

2. I forsee the future of dubstep and all hipster electronics for 2012. The new tracks will be run through a heavy chorus on the master channel – it gonna be called “Syrup-Step”. March’ 2012 is the phase of “Proto-Syrup” and in June’ 2012 we’ll already have the “3rd wave of Syrup-Step” (they’ll use three choruses instead of one). Proto-Sypur 16 y/old producers and fans will discriminate all other waves of Syrup and proclaim themselves as the ‘true school’. July’ 2012 – the birth of “Post-Syrup” (the same thing + guitars).
    October’ 2012 – the revival of ‘Syrup-Step” and sudden death of a genre (because of computers getting smashed up by parents)

3. This was great!!! IMHO I think that “good” or “quality” music can be appreciated by all, at least in an academic sense (in other words, I’m not a fan of Country but I can appreciate a good song). Grand Dad is awesome.

1. Or as Duke Ellington said once: “There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind.” :)

4. fun video!
    is it a sign that I’m getting old if I say that I’m having a hard time with dubstep myself?

1. Unfortunately… YES. But soon you won’t remember why it matters anyway.

5. Is that really dubstep?? Much too melodic for me.. Play Loefah or some decent stuff for those old people.. I’m sure the’ll apreciate that..

6. I’m sure they’d find burial album quite enjoyable.
    There is quality dubstep out there but is being lost in a growing see of populist mid range no sub bro step.

7. I’m only 22 and I don’t understand it either… but I was an old man when I was 12.

8. That’s not dubstep, that’s Skrillex. Learn the difference here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq8YdHDrSn8

1. isn’t dubstep a genre and skrillex a guy? And what’s ist got to do with Cluekid?

1. Merlijn Nimmegeers December 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

Correct. But I think he means there’s the new dubstep and the older one, which is the one he linked.
        Skrillex is the new one and very populair these days. It’s like people discovered dubstep again but in a new form(?).
        Anyway, it’s something you see appearing in other genres as well.

Because this is also a kind of dubstep:
        (Sinister Souls – Beat the Drum hard)

1. Blurgh! [http://youtu.be/v3Pq7kT89-o] ;) “Dub” is in so many forms of modern music. The most ppl didn´t know about the “true roots”. [http://youtu.be/g5jX4hBgDOs]

9. AH HAHAHA! YES!!! Thanks for this Mr. C!