Analogue Solutions Telemark Unboxing

Analogue Solutions Telemark Unboxing from Oliver Chesler on Vimeo.

I received a delivery from Noisebug yesterday and made the above unboxing video for you. I was also inspired to add the Analogue Solutions Telemark to an EBM song I am working on for my next album. You can hear the song in the video above. It still needs plenty of work and of course vocals. You’re also hearing a Jomox Brane 11 and the sequences are being fired off by a Doepfer Dark Time. The Telemark is created in the UK by Tom J Carpenter. He recently repaired some of Alan Wilder’s (Depeche Mode) equipment for an auction. The Telemark starts off as an Oberheim SEM clone but adds Noise (to me VERY important) and some other goodies. It’s a large beautiful synth and it sounds incredible.

“More features than the original SEM such as Sample and Hold, LFO Square wave, Noise, extra inputs, many more signal modulation options via rotary switches.” – analoguesolutions.org.uk

To see a full set of Telemark photos: click here

This entry was written by Oliver Chesler, posted on November 19, 2011 at 4:38 pm, filed under hardware, synthesizer and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

15 Responses to “Analogue Solutions Telemark Unboxing”

1. Excellent. I was waffling back and forth between this and the SEM Patch Panel. In the end, i ended up with the SEM. I couldn’t find the Telemark available, and the SEM came to me for $700 shipped. But i’d really like to hear the Telemark in person. I’d also recommend the Oberkorn if you haven’t played with one yet.

2. Gabriel says:

Sounds quite cool!!!!

3. Playrecords says:

I got one too made fresh by Tom. It’s a beauty. :)

4. Playrecords says:

Did you order your patch cables Seperate? Mine never came with any.

5. Playrecords says:

Yeah man. :) I felt the size was generous in fact. though you don’t get ears with the unit and it needs a rack as you need to hold the top when you patch it.

Good buy though.

6. For patch cables, look at Ad Infinitum.

The White Oberkorn looks so nice!

7. Digitalbeatsyndrome says:

Does the filter and noise amount respond to keytracking ?

Assign an Envelope to pitch amount, drop the sustain on that envelope to almost 0 and adjust the decay accordingly, Add HPF w/ keytracking, the lower bass drum notes shouldnt be affected by the hpf, and the higher notes will sound like an hh. Add noise with keytracking and there is your snare.. adjust resonance for a nice snare… If there is a second envelope which i think there is on that bad boy you can tighten it all up by routing it to amp.

Plug in dark time and your in 80′s drum machine heaven.

8. ryandfl says:

Hmm, I’m kind of torn between getting this or Dark Energy. They are not too similar, but they are two synths that have my attention right now.

9. How do you find the build quality? I keep hearing it isn’t as good as a $1000 synth should be.

10. Playrecords says:

Depends what your expecting from a 1000 dollar synth. I say it’s quality.