Minimoog

Moog launched an awesome new website. It looks way better and is full of videos and artists using Moogs. Check out one of the first videos they posted appropriately showcasing the original Minimoog.

“Moog talks with one of Moog Music’s earliest engineers, Bill Hemsath, who recalls the process of the Minimoog’s birth and sheds some light on what sets the Moog synthesizer apart from other analog synths.” – futuremusic.com

For more info: moogmusic.com

photo credit: stretta

1. yep they are utterly incredible – everytime I turn mine on it creates different sounds – and it really does feel ‘alive’

1. I didn’t know you owned one… nice!

2. PS – I just KNEW Rick Wakeman’s face was going to be on this page eheh :)

3. my Pitch and Mod wheels are shiny and smooth – not toothed like the ones in the video

4. yeah I dont use it half enough though tbh – I have to get a Kenton MIDI box for it – ive no room for a Volta card :/ – I filter a lot of beats through it though (and overdrive for nice sublte distortion)

5. I’ll try and use her in my remix :)

1. You have her filter dont you ( kinda) or did you sell that cool Roland?

6. I have a minimoog D model, i live in cancun and a friend of mine had it. it does work but it is a little rusty cause of the humidity here,and the sound waves seem to dispear,or go up & down. i wonder were can i send it to get it fixed?

1. I would contact Moog directly or post in the forums there: moogmusic.com

7. tks man i checked the moog site already!!