Minimoog

Moog launched an awesome new website. It looks way better and is full of videos and artists using Moogs. Check out one of the first videos they posted appropriately showcasing the original Minimoog.

“Moog talks with one of Moog Music’s earliest engineers, Bill Hemsath, who recalls the process of the Minimoog’s birth and sheds some light on what sets the Moog synthesizer apart from other analog synths.” – futuremusic.com

For more info: moogmusic.com

photo credit: stretta

This entry was written by Oliver Chesler, posted on May 11, 2011 at 5:55 pm, filed under synthesizer and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

11 Responses to “Minimoog”

1. Raytrace says:

yep they are utterly incredible – everytime I turn mine on it creates different sounds – and it really does feel ‘alive’

2. Raytrace says:

PS – I just KNEW Rick Wakeman’s face was going to be on this page eheh :)

3. Raytrace says:

my Pitch and Mod wheels are shiny and smooth – not toothed like the ones in the video

4. r4ytrace says:

yeah I dont use it half enough though tbh – I have to get a Kenton MIDI box for it – ive no room for a Volta card :/ – I filter a lot of beats through it though (and overdrive for nice sublte distortion)

5. r4ytrace says:

I’ll try and use her in my remix :)

6. george says:

I have a minimoog D model, i live in cancun and a friend of mine had it. it does work but it is a little rusty cause of the humidity here,and the sound waves seem to dispear,or go up & down. i wonder were can i send it to get it fixed?

7. george says:

tks man i checked the moog site already!!