Korg Monotribe

A real analog synth and drum module from Korg. No MIDI or USB. If it sounds good… yeah if it sounds good that’s all that matters. I really like this a lot.

“DO WANT. SO MUCH WIN. love the tribes” – liliththekitten (Harmony Central Forums)

For more info: korg.com

This entry was written by Oliver Chesler, posted on April 4, 2011 at 6:15 pm, filed under drum machine, hardware, synthesizer and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

16 Responses to “Korg Monotribe”

1. Mark Hawkins says:

What type of sync does it take there?

2. Raytrace says:

absolute awesomez – KORG are kicking ass with this, Roland are unfortunately not kicking ass with the Jupiter-80 IMO :/

3. Dos says:

Yeah°° Nice Korg Toy

4. Brian says:

No mention of this on the Korg website Oliver (as of now at least). Where’s more info on this?

5. Colin says:

I think the official announcement is still to come…tomorrow I think?

6. James Bernard says:

Very interesting.. only downer I see is that it’s only an 8 step sequencer.. but as you say.. if it sounds good… I like the design of it.. very minimal.. almost DIY looking.

7. thom says:

ugh…I get it, and can’t wait to hear it….but why does playing/programming the mono series have to be like picking a lock?

8. nickciontea says:

im assuming and hoping that they will release schematics for this guy too!

9. Jason Duerr says:

Suddenly, wives and girlfriends everywhere are relieved of Christmas anxiety.
    Way to go Korg.

10. dominic says:

@ Jason

hahahahaha good one! hehe

11. Bill says:

Kicking like the Monotron…..I love how Korg can go big and small all at the same time….and always delivering fantastic….fun…playable…ingenious music gear!!!

12. bo says:

I touched it @ Musikmesse: Nice sound, extremely fun, but from what i heart it might be more expensive than most here expect…and i think with Doepfer and MFB there are intersting alternatives around…There is also more information about it in the offical “KORG Inside” magazine (in german) that were available at the Korg booth.