Melancholy Hill

On Melancholy Hill – NYC Lights from Chateau Bezerra on Vimeo.

People who know me personally know I’ve been going through one of life’s tragedies lately. My father past away last month. I can’t begin to talk about that but the event has brought me closer to friends. Things and weaknesses I used to tell my dad need a new ear and I was glad to discover I found a few willing to listen. Besides the fact that this video for the Gorillaz song Melancholy Hill features wonderful NYC neon signs it the lyrics remind me of kindness I am receiving these days.

“Up on melancholy hill
There’s a plastic tree
Are you here with me
Just looking out on the day
Of another dream

Well you can’t get what you want
But you can get me
So let’s head out to sea
‘Cause you are my medicine
When you’re close to me
When you’re close to me”

Get the song: click here (iTunes link)

1. My thoughts are with you, my brother past away one year ago, so I know what you are going through

Cheers

2. My heart goes out to you, Oliver.
    Keep up and remember all of the good moments shared with your dad,
    Cheers
    Marco

3. Oliver,

although one tends to feel like they know bit of you through this amazing site, this post brings one back to center. I am terribly sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing all that you do on this wonderful info page.
    keep strong and continue your musical journey. THANKS AGAIN!

4. I’m so sorry

5. thanks for posting this, it’s one of my favorite songs as of late. i’ve never commented on this site, but i check it out regularly. i’m sure i am not the only anonymous voyeur who appreciates what you do and will also say a prayer for you and your family. take care

6. Olivier, Thanks for what you share with us.

7. Thanks everyone for the kind comments!