Modern – The Horrorist

Modern

Modern (sample clip) -The Horrorist by thingstocome

Here’s a sample of a new song I am almost finished with called “Modern”. Clearly inspired by my day job at Energy Management Solutions. Most of the song is real analog equipment: Vermona DRM1 MKIII and Yamaha CS5. My voice is through a Shure KSM-32 and TC Powercore.

“All the modern. Super Building. Super Building. Growing into a new day.” – The Horrorist

photo credit: boliston

1. Sounds great man – really futuristic – I love looking at buildings

did you use ChorusDelay from your Powercore – or Voicestrip?

1. Thanks… Voicestrip and Voicemodeler.

2. Awesome snippet, especially enjoy the shouted harmony line in the right pan, sounds nice.
    Any information on when the new album will start to take shape or when it’s looking to be done by?

3. ugly futuristic buildings get me really excited. probably too excited. I look forward to hearing it in full and mastered. these are the kind of lyrics that I really like to hear in songs, also the kind of lyrics I like to write.

4. yeh VoiceStrip is great – it didnt use to come bundled with basic Powercore pack but it appears to be unlocked with newer software version installs – it is on my PC anyway. Great flickr link too

5. osc. vibrato from the ‘manic panic’ era back in business!

6. Oliver,

you should really release the different tracks of this song and call for a remix contest ;)

Cheers