Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer

Bliptronics_LED_Synthesizer

Looking for a $50 Tenori-on? The Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer doesn’t have the amazing sequencer functions of the Yamaha but it’s quite a bit less expensive.

“If HAL 9000 mated with R2-D2 and their electronic offspring was tutored by Kraftwerk it would probably end up something like the Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer. You’ll notice sound similar to a retro Casiotone with an interface not unlike a simplified Yamaha TENORI-ON… if that makes any sense. Either way, once you start touching the keys of the Bliptronic you’ll be hooked by it’s simple pattern-based approach to music. One Bliptronic is grand, but more Bliptronics are even grander. An infinite number of Bliptronics can be attached together using the link ports and included cables.” – thinkgeek.com

Grab one now at: thinkgeek.com

This entry was written by Oliver Chesler, posted on November 25, 2009 at 6:16 am, filed under hardware, synthesizer and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

8 Responses to “Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer”

1. Document 02 says:

It is just too bad there is no MIDI out on the device. Argg.. I’d have bought one right away for drum triggering.

2. th0mas says:

I thought about this yesterday and almost asked for it for christmas from my GF, but I realized it suffers from a major problem – it only plays a major scale. Sure you can get an inverted minor out of it but still.. give me dissonance!

3. tazzaler says:

I’m putting it on my Christmas list for the fact is inexpensive and catches my eye and can keep me entertained, as for it being a musical instrument and standing on it’s own I just cannot see it but I can sure turn some heads playing this in the middle of no where since it is battery operated.

4. GaryG says:

circuit benders, start your soldering irons!

5. Lee says:

GaryG is thinking right. Enough of these sell, and I’ll bet some enterprising person will come out with a DIY MIDI kit.

6. b money says:

Can you buy these somewhere other than Thinkgeek?

7. Mihai says:

I bought this for my daughter, it hasn’t arrived yet, meanwwhile I watched a guy on youtube who turned this into a midi controler with a vst plugin called widisoft or something. As I understand the plugin reads the pitch of the audio source and turns it into a midi message and voila.