Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer

Bliptronics_LED_Synthesizer

Looking for a $50 Tenori-on? The Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer doesn’t have the amazing sequencer functions of the Yamaha but it’s quite a bit less expensive.

“If HAL 9000 mated with R2-D2 and their electronic offspring was tutored by Kraftwerk it would probably end up something like the Bliptronic 5000 LED Synthesizer. You’ll notice sound similar to a retro Casiotone with an interface not unlike a simplified Yamaha TENORI-ON… if that makes any sense. Either way, once you start touching the keys of the Bliptronic you’ll be hooked by it’s simple pattern-based approach to music. One Bliptronic is grand, but more Bliptronics are even grander. An infinite number of Bliptronics can be attached together using the link ports and included cables.” – thinkgeek.com

Grab one now at: thinkgeek.com

1. It is just too bad there is no MIDI out on the device. Argg.. I’d have bought one right away for drum triggering.

2. I thought about this yesterday and almost asked for it for christmas from my GF, but I realized it suffers from a major problem – it only plays a major scale. Sure you can get an inverted minor out of it but still.. give me dissonance!

3. I’m putting it on my Christmas list for the fact is inexpensive and catches my eye and can keep me entertained, as for it being a musical instrument and standing on it’s own I just cannot see it but I can sure turn some heads playing this in the middle of no where since it is battery operated.

4. circuit benders, start your soldering irons!

5. GaryG is thinking right. Enough of these sell, and I’ll bet some enterprising person will come out with a DIY MIDI kit.

6. Can you buy these somewhere other than Thinkgeek?

1. I don’t think so. I’ve bought stuff from Thinkgeek before and it went well so I think you can trust them.

7. I bought this for my daughter, it hasn’t arrived yet, meanwwhile I watched a guy on youtube who turned this into a midi controler with a vst plugin called widisoft or something. As I understand the plugin reads the pitch of the audio source and turns it into a midi message and voila.