Apple Computer Midi Training from 1987

I just finished two weeks of training at my new job. I came across this video while reading my loved RSS feed from the super synth blog Matrixsynth. I can only imagine if this were my training video. At 4:17 you get a look at an early version of Motu’s Performer software. In 1987 I was seventeen years old and just starting out with an Atari 520ST and Dr. T’s KCS.

Anyone know how much this Mac set up cost back then?

Related post: Dr. T’s KCS Keyboard Controlled Sequencer

1. awesome – this is tickin all the right boxes: DX-7 piano, Peter Gunn/Spy Hunter, floppy drives and dodgy hait :D

2. edit – I just realised shes not playing the DX-7 lol – its the D-50 :p- haha awesome pitch bending on the ‘guitar’ type patch :D

3. I actually for a short time was the MIDI/audio Developer technical support engineer at Apple. One way to get the Korg keyboard to my cubicle…

1. Nice Kent! What year what was that? Did you ever meet Mr. Jobs?

4. Hello,

It’s an Apple Macintosh … it was yours for 2 495 $ when it was released in 1984 ;)
    But maybe it’s an Apple Macintosh 521k wich was yours for 3195 $ in 1984 too (same design).

ps: greatz from Brussels (Belgium)

5. Aside from the cool retro gear – I love her monotone delivery!

6. I just found out a little while ago that my neighbor used to be friends with Dr. T. Neat!

1. Interesting… My aunt & uncle used to live across the street from one of Sam Ash’s sons in Long Island, NY.

7. Thanks for linking to my vids. Now I know it was worth transferring that old Apple VHS tape. I figured someone would find this interesting!

1. Absolutely! This stuff is great… big thanks.