Sunday Sounds: The Liquid Sky Soundtrack

Growing up, my father showed my brother and I films from a reel to reel machine that he owned. Looking back I’m pretty shocked at some of the stuff he subjected us to including the movie Liquid Sky. Liquid Sky (1983) was a sci-fi flick directed by Slava Tsukerman where the alien was searching for drugs but discovered orgasms were better. Now imagine all the actors as club kids and the sound track was all real analog electronic. One of my favorite films of all time? You bet!

“Invisible aliens in a tiny flying saucer come to Earth looking for heroin. They land on top of a New York apartment inhabited by a drug dealer and her female, androgynous, bisexual nymphomaniac lover, a fashion model. The aliens soon find the human pheromones created in the brain during orgasm preferable to heroin, and the model’s casual sex partners begin to disappear. This increasingly bizarre scenario is observed by a lonely woman in the building across the street, a German scientist who is following the aliens, and an equally androgynous, drug-addicted male model. (Both models are played by Anne Carlisle, in a dual role.” – Marty Cassady, imdb.com

Liquid Sky

You can hear four of the crazy songs from Liquid Sky in full on the following MySpace page:

1. Noon
2. Me and My Rhythm Box
3. Aliens Theme II
4. Margret’s Apartment

Come on now scream it with me: “It is pre-programmed. So what!” – Me and My Rhythm Box

1. ok Liquid sky qued on Netflix now

2. aww it’s not available on dvd :(

3. Yeah I think that adds to its cult status… someone really needs to post it online somewhere.

4. UM, it IS available on DVD as I’m downloading a dvdrip of it as we speak… *COUGH* *COUGH* [piratebay] *COUGH* *COUGH*

I remember this movie but don’t recall ever seeing it.

5. The concept of Liquid Sky is good. And when you explain it to someone else, it sounds pretty good. But the actual experience of watching the movie? It’s long and tedious, and kind of boring. Badly acted, poorly shot.

The music is fun at first, but there’s like 3 tracks that just get repeated over and over at different parts of the movie. It’s very atonal and heavy, and it grates on me after a while.

Don’t get me wrong, I own the soundtrack and have seen it 3 times, but you should know what you’re getting into….

1. I’ve seen this movie a thousand times. It is spectacular and needs to be watched while on shrooms, lsd, x, whatever. You will then understand the acting, music, costumes, and the awesome backgrounds. Man I miss the 80′s!!!

6. Me and my friends were able to recite dialogue by verbatim on this movie, and frankly…as poorly acted,dilluted and bonkers the plot to this movie was…it was, and will always be in my top 20 favorite movies of all time: