Sunday Sounds: Songs about Robots.

I’m in the process of moving from Berlin to New York and all the packing is making me feel like a robot. What I thought would take two days has become four and the work is all repetitive. If I only had my own robot to do this stuff for me. At least some of these songs are keeping my feet tapping.

“And she has a gay relationship with our television set.” – Say Hi to Your Mom

For those interested the move will change me from renter to landlord and yes I will be building an all new studio! Stay tuned…

I created this playlist at Grooveshark. My profile there is: thingstocome

1. Plug Me In has one of the most ‘entertaining’ music videos I’ve ever seen -definitely not NSFW though so don’t do a search for it unless at home :o

Is that The Robots off The Mix?

2. Nice selection! Definitely some classically classic classics in there. Haven’t heard Rockit in ages! How have you found Berlin during your stay? I have been thinking about moving out there next year. Only thing is i feel i need to know more German than i know.

3. Hey Joe,

guess your german skills shouldnt be much of a problem, because pretty much all germans speak english and your german will improve a lot from self. Just make sure that instead of moving to a crappy dirty town like Berlin – check out cologne or munich ;)

Cheers

4. thanks for checking out grooveshark–and i’m really digging this playlist. any mix that has grandaddy in there somewhere automatically gets my vote.

anyway, just wanted to give a shout that we really appreciate you rep-ing grooveshark, and i’ll definitely follow you: i’m “bwc”.

ben

5. Hi Ben. Thanks for your comment. I’ve been trying a few services to make playlists for the Sunday Sounds feature and so far Grooveshark has the largest selection.

6. Personally I’d have chosed Add N to Xs ‘Metal Fingers in my Body’ with a video even more NSFW than ‘Plug Me In’. Has got a robot in it though. :)

Anyone else ever hear Berserks ‘Giant Robots’? Can find only one mention of it anywhere: http://www.beefplatter.com/berserk.html, maybe I’ll dig the 7″ out and upload it, a real pop gem.

7. Might I also add “Robotiko Rejekto” by Robotiko Rejekto. Classic!

8. Oh man I should have remembered to put Robotiko Rejecto!

9. A landlord? How cool would it be to have The Horrorist as your landlord?