Can you guess what song I am covering?

Last week I had the pleasure of working with Gabriele Negro in my studio. He’s an Italian piano genius who also produces electronic music for fashion labels (ex. Dolce & Gabbana). Since he was a small child he has been able to play anything he hears instantly. His parents realized he was special when he started playing the television commercials he heard on his toy piano. He was soon shipped off to Berkley and today he’s one of the best in the world.

I’m finishing up my next album and I decided to cover a song I always loved. Gabri jotted down the main melody for me.

Can you guess the song?

This entry was written by Oliver Chesler, posted on August 25, 2008 at 12:17 am, filed under song writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

11 Responses to “Can you guess what song I am covering?”

1. Da DreadLord says:

Well i cant guess the song :(

But great to hear about a new album (although i havent yet found your second one :p )

2. Hi Da DreadLord. Thanks… what country are you in?

(I’ll post the song Im covering in a few days)

3. einmeier says:

isn’t this jumping jack flash from the rolling stones?
    nah, just a blind guess because the noted chord-progressions seem to be similar on the first look…
    ;-)
    can’t imagine that you’re covering the stones..

4. jonathan says:

i have no idea what it is, but it just inspired an awesome bass line outa me =)

5. Da DreadLord says:

im from belgium (you’d think they have your albums here but no.. :p)

6. The song I am covering is: My World is Empty Without You – Diana Ross & The Supremes

If I can put my own style on it I’ll have it on my next album.

7. Marc says:

Sure you can put your own style on it ! Like Soft Cell covering Tainted Love (Gloria Jones 1964) !

8. aztrovoi says:

hahah.. people still use paper and pencil to compose music :) . j.k

9. einmeier says:

wow, saw yesterday on ARTE an awesome documenation about ‘disco’ and diana ross was mentioned. i highly recommend this documentation, maybe it’s still available on the ARTE-website..? so in this documenation you’ll see the guys who invented the 4-to-the-floor-beat, the remix, the 12′ maxi-single etc…

10. Hi einmeier. Thanks for the tip. I will check the ARTE website…

11. Natto says:

Of course Aztrovoi.Pencil and Paper are still the best way to write music on pentagram,if you know how to do ;)