If your a musician of any type you should already own Melodyne and you should watch the video above. Being announced at Musikmesse this week Celemony presents “Direct Note Access“. The new feature which will be added to all versions of Melodyne allows you to now pick out and move notes inside chords!
- Access individual notes in chords and polyphonic audio: see them, grab them, edit, mute, stretch.
- Tonescale feature allows you to change the scale of chords by clicking in a palette of choices.
- Play polyphonic chords using a midi keyboard in real time.
- Imagine tuning a guitar after it was recorded!
- Your sample library now has new abilities. Any polyphonic sample can now be reached into and altered!
This new feature will start to show up in versions of Melodyne starting in the fall. I’m personally excited by this new feature. I can also now imagine a few more years down the road being able to load up a fully completed stereo song and reaching into it and changing notes of individual sounds.